It’s been hectic the past two days with lectures, workshops, shopping, quilts to see and people to meet.
I started yesterday by attending the awards ceremony which ended with some very excited quilters and many more disappointed ones.
A few statistics to set the scene:
- 1,353 quilts were submitted for consideration
- 359 were juried into the show
- 109 MQGs represented
- 48 states of the USA have guilds
- Attendees from 15 countries
- Attendees from India travelled the longest distance to attend!
The awards ceremony was held in a huge exhibition hall which had quilts made by the guilds hanging around the walls.
These are a few of my favourites.
It’s been a mixed bag for me so far, there are some stunning quilts, lovely and very hospitable people, but some disappointing lectures. More on that later. I’m doing an all day workshop tomorrow and then a 3 hour workshop at night.
Lots more photos to come. I’ll leave you with a Texan take on stitching!