I’ve had a wonky start to September. One baby quilt has been pieced and I’ve just started on the other.
The first one is all wonky stars on the front. It’s my first time making these and I really enjoyed piecing them.
I didn’t know when I started if the baby was a boy or girl so tried to stay gender neutral in colour and fabric selection.
When I finished piecing the stars the square measured 39″ which I thought was too small. After pondering what to do I decided to add a solid border matching the centres of the stars. It’s now around 43″ square and I like the extra colour too.
The back has been pieced so almost ready to start basting, quilting and binding.
I found out tonight however, that the other baby quilt has to be complete by 3rd November (yikes), so I’ve moved onto making it. Given the short time-frame I’ve decided on a simple medallion style which was also a good excuse (!) to buy Gwen Marston’s Liberated Medallion Quilts book😊.
The centre is printed houses so I’m adding a night sky with a couple of additional wonky stars .
I hope to finish the top this week-end as working 50 hour weeks is not leaving much time for mid week stitching.
Hope all your stars are looking bright.